FORT WORTH, Texas – Greg Fuchs and Ryan Ober each homered but Oregon State dropped a late comeback attempt versus Dallas Baptist, 6-5, Friday at Lupton Stadium. The game marked the opener of the Fort Worth Regional.
Down 6-1, Oregon State mounted a rally, first with Ober’s solo home run in the fifth, his ninth round tripper of the season. Then, Fuchs went deep in the sixth for a three-run shot that pulled the Beavers to within one, 6-5.
Neither team managed to score from that point on. However, Oregon State (34-23 overall), put two runners in scoring position in the eighth, but Dallas Baptist got out of the jam on a line drive by Ober to third, and a groundout by Andy Armstrong.
Dallas Baptist (38-15) went up 2-0 in the first thanks to a two-run home run by Cole Moore. Then, after Troy Claunch drove in Wade Meckler on a groundout in the first, the Patriots scored one in the third and three more in the fifth.
Three of those runs were charged to Kevin Abel, who dropped to 3-5 this season after allowing two hits with eight walks in three innings.
Oregon State’s final three relievers – Mitchell Verburg, Joey Mundt and Jake Mulholland – combined to limit DBU to one hit with five strikeouts in 4 2/3 scoreless innings.
The Patriots’ Dominic Hamel allowed five hits and five runs in 6 1/3 innings and picked up the win, improving to 13-2 this season.
The Beavers recorded six hits and seven walks off three DBU pitchers; Garret Forrester led the team with a pair of singles.
Oregon State will now play at 10:00 a.m. Saturday (12:00 p.m. in Texas) versus the loser of Friday night’s matchup between host TCU and four-seed McNeese.
Many pills have failed to show the result on penis is samples of levitra thirty minutes. Magnesium discover description generic pharmacy cialis containing antacids may cause diarrhea and may lead to dehydration. Understanding The Symptoms The viagra side online major symptoms associated with ED, usually start with premature ejaculation. You are also advised to practice less strenuous buy sildenafil cheap exercises like jogging, walking, swimming and stretching.
– The game marked the 109th all-time postseason contest for the Beavers and the 60th in NCAA Regional play.
– Wade Meckler’s single in the first inning his extended his on-base streak to 20 games. That ties him with Garret Forrester for the longest by a Beaver this season.
– Ryan Ober and Greg Fuchs’ home runs gave the Beavers 51 long balls this season.
– Troy Claunch saw his hit streak snapped at 17 games. He did, however, reach on a walk and extended his on-base streak to 19 games.
– Ryan Ober made his first start at first base since March 23 versus Santa Clara.