EUGENE – The Ducks roll out to Boulder for a game with Colorado Thursday at 8 pm, while in-state rival Beavers cease all operations due to COVID-19 protocols.
Listen to James Crepea preview the Ducks at Buffs game here on Fox Sports Eugene in the 5:00 pm hour with Colorado Head Coach Tad Boyle on the James Crepea Show.
Here in Eugene, Ducks coach Dana Altman hit a couple of coaching milestones over the last weekend: The Ducks’ two wins moved him past Louisville’s Denny Crum (675 wins) and into a tie with former Stanford and California coach Mike Montgomery for 23rd on the NCAA Division I career coaching wins list (677). Counting his 123 junior college wins, Saturday’s game was his 800th career win. Altman is one of five active head coaches in NCAA Division I who have posted a winning record for the last 23 consecutive seasons. The other four, Mike Krzyzewski, Tom Izzo, Bill Self and Jim Boeheim, are in the Hall of Fame.
Chris Duarte was clutch down the stretch against both California and Stanford and was named this week’s Pac-12 Player of the Week. He had 14 points in the fi nal 5:18 versus Cal and 11 in the last 5:43 against the Cardinal. Eugene Omoruyi, the second-leading scorer in the Pac-12 (18.7 ppg), has scored in double figures in every game this year. Eric Williams Jr. is one of just 15 players nationally, and is the only one in the Pac-12, with eight or more games scoring at least 11 points with six rebounds.
Oregon has a plus-7.5 rebound margin this season. The best rebound margin during the Dana Altman era is plus-6.3 which came in the 2012-13 Sweet 16 season. Oregon already has four plus-10 rebound games this season: Seton Hall – plus-16 (38-22), Eastern Washington – plus 14 (45-31), Washington – plus 10 (40-30) and Portland – plus 16 (42-26).
#PAC12HOOPS STARTING FIVE:
8 – The Pac-12 currently boasts eight teams in the top 70 of the KenPom.com rankings – with six of this week’s adjusted 10-game schedule set to feature these teams.
• USC at ARIZONA, UCLA at ARIZONA STATE, OREGON at COLORADO on Thursday; UCLA at ARIZONA, USC at ARIZONA STATE on Saturday; OREGON at UTAH on Sunday.
8 – No. 17 OREGON has jumped out to an early lead in the Pac-12 standings at 3-0 along with preseason favorite UCLA. The Ducks have won eight consecutive games since dropping their season opener on a neutral court to current No. 13 Missouri – an eight-game streak that currently ranks eighth in NCAA Division I.
• OREGON will put that streak – as well as its league-best seven-game Conference win streak dating back to 2019-20 – on the line Thursday at Colorado. The Buffaloes are unbeaten all-time against the Ducks in Boulder (9-0) and at CU Events Center (8-0).
10.5 – Through 17 league games as of Jan. 4, the average scoring margin is 10.5 points.
• 8 games have been decided by single digits
• 4 games has been decided by one possession (3 pts. or less)
• 1 overtime game (2 OT periods)
• 11 games have been postponed (2 rescheduled and played)
28 – OREGON has won 28 consecutive games at Matthew Knight Arena, the third-longest home win streak in NCAA Division I, including the longest among major conference programs (Gonzaga 44, Liberty 29, Oregon 28, Prairie View A&M 27).
• UCLA climbed into a tie for 11th nationally by extending its Pauley Pavilion win streak to 13 consecutive games with victories over UTAH and COLORADO last week.
34.2% – WASHINGTON STATE leads the Pac-12 and NCAA Division I in field goal percentage defense at 34.2 percent, including holding ARIZONA to a season-low 37.3 percent in its only loss of the season this past Saturday.
• The Cougars will see if their NCAA-leading defense travels when they venture away from Pullman for the first time this season to take on CALIFORNIA and STANFORD.
ROAD WARRIORS: STANFORD is 1-of-2 power conference programs with multiple non-conference road victories (Oklahoma State 3).
• The Cardinal is the only power conference program yet to play a game at its traditional home venue so far this season, having won three true road games and a neutral site contest along with two wins at its temporary home venue of Kaiser Permanente Arena in Santa Cruz, Calif.
IV WOULD BE FIRST: COLORADO senior McKinley Wright IV (1,525p/550r/553a) is quickly approaching what would be a unique benchmark in Conference history. The senior guard is on pace to become the first player in Pac-12 Men’s Basketball history to reach 1,600 points, 600 rebounds and 600 assists in his career.
Below is a list of the others in the 1,500/500/500 club:
• Ron Lee, ORE – 2,085p/580r/543a
• Payton Pritchard, ORE – 1,938p/550r/659a
• *Andre Miller, UTAH – 1,618p/643r/721a (prior to UTAH joining Pac-12)
NON-CONFERENCE: Pac-12 programs combined to post a .729 win percentage (51-19) in countable NCAA Division I non-conference contests in 2020.
• The .729 win percentage is the second-best for the Conference over the past five seasons, just behind the .739 mark posted in 2019-20 when the league was projected to earn as many as six NCAA Tournament bids.
KEY NON-CONFERENCE VICTORIES:
POWER 6 OPPONENTS (5-9)
at Oregon State 71, California 63
Colorado 76, at Kansas State 58
Stanford 82, Alabama 64 (Asheville, N.C.)
#21 Oregon 83, Seton Hall 70 (Omaha, Neb.)
at UCLA 69, Marquette 60
PRESEASON CONFERENCE FAVORITES (5-4)
at Washington State 56, Texas Southern 52
at Washington State 71, Eastern Washington 68
at Arizona 70, Eastern Washington 67
at Oregon 69, Eastern Washington 52
at USC 91, UC Irvine 56
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
Rick Sharga of useful pharmacy shop cheap cialis RealtyTrac and other pundits expects Washington to put in extra measures to give a kick to the housing segment. There are some very simple ways by which one can reduce its occurrence – Avoiding drugs, smoking and browse now now cheapest viagra drinking are just bad for your sex life. Be that as it may, all these additionally offer better counsel for individuals with their top of the line approach so that everybody can get great relieve viagra online discount from various developments which have taken place in sex therapy. Similar is the case if you plan to ordering cialis online , the true facts still remain hidden.
PAC-12 WEEKLY SCHEDULE (All games, tip times & TV broadcasts are subject to change)
For the most up-to-date schedules, visit Expanded Schedule
PAC-12 PLAYERS OF THE WEEK